4 used from $299.00
- Dual Nano-SIM (4G + 3G) ; 4G LTE & 3G work with AT&T and T-Mobile ; DOES NOT work with Sprint, Verizon, U.S. Cellular and all other CDMA carriers ; LTE compatibility: This is international stock, varies per carrier (ensure to check with your carrier before purchase)
- Exynos 8895 Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64-bit, 10nm CPU ; 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM ; Supports microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) ; 3300 mAh battery.
Galaxy Note 8 Black Friday Price Prediction
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was, understandably, extremely sought after during Black Friday last year, but what kind of offers were available? Do we think the same Galaxy Note 8 Black Friday deals will be available for 2018 given the newer Note 9 has been released? Are Cyber Monday Note 8 discounts also likely?
As is always the case after a flagship handset is released, the price has come down considerably now it is not the most recent model. Past sales history shows we could expect modest Note 8 Black Friday discounts in the region of 5-10%. However, as this is now an older model, retailers might have more room for better deals this year. It is also not uncommon for retailers to discount less popular colors, so keep an eye out for this too!
We can’t be sure until the run up or on the day, but will be sure to post any Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals we find right here.
S-Pen – Samsung has done a great job on the stylus and it’s what really sets the smartphone apart from the competition. There are many great uses for the S-Pen:
- You can take notes, draw and edit photos much easier than with your finger, or with a mouse and keyboard.
- You can send animated Gifs to your friends using the live message feature. This live message is compatible with Fb messenger, Whatsapp, Viber and other chat apps – awesome!
- You can highlight text and instantly translate, this also works with currency converting if you need quick conversions.
Dual Camera – this is the first Samsung phone to have a dual camera. It’s one of the most powerful duo cameras on the market and includes optical image sensors for both cameras.
6.3″ Screen – the Galaxy Note 8 at 6.3″ is bigger than the Galaxy S8 plus, making it one of Samsung’s largest flagship phones.
Aspect ratio 18.5:9 – this is different from other large phones like the iPhone 7 plus or Huawei Mate 9, it’s an unconventional width, but helps smaller hands to comfortably hold the larger screen.
Body made of curved gorilla glass 5 – Gorilla Glass is a tough & durable, scratch resistant glass that still remains lightweight.
Water and dust resistant – whilst this feature is nothing new, there are some improvements on the technology for the Galaxy Note 8. The screen and S-pen still work whilst the screen is wet. Also, if your ports are exposed to water for too long, you’ll get a warning to let you know not to charge your phone until it dries. This is a nice touch and could potentially save your note 8!
New Protective Cover – the new protective cover is apparently built to military standards. It not only protects the phone but acts as a stand to watch movies etc. It’s also really nice to draw using the stylus and stand together.
Software – The Note 8 was initially running Android Nougat software, but now supports the newer Android Oreo operating system on most carriers.
Considerations When Buying the Galaxy Note 8 on Black Friday 2018
- The screen is absolutely stunning and a true delight to use. The images appear incredibly sharp and the color is unbelievably rich. It’s great for gaming, taking photos and other uses.
- With 6GB RAM and the Snapdragon A35 processor, the phone can run applications easily with a smooth operating system.
- The dual sensor camera and new interface give a great camera experience/quality.
- A great looking and well designed phone.
- It has a headphone jack! Seriously – why do phone companies keep removing these…
Some drawbacks of choosing the Note 8 on Black Friday
- A 3300 mAh battery could be considered low. However, higher mAh doesn’t necessarily mean the battery will last longer as factors like software optimization, chip efficiency and display can influence battery life. For example, one YouTube test found the Note 8 had the second longest battery life when compared with the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, iPhone 8 Plus & Oneplus 5.
- The glass is great for protection, but it does attract a lot of fingerprints. We think it seems more noticeable on the black version than the orchid gray or deep sea blue.
- We felt it to be a bit of a disappointment that Samsung hasn’t corrected the somewhat difficult finger placement from the Galaxy S8 on the Note 8 release.
- The speaker is very quiet, but we guess that’s the price you pay for almost edge to edge screens!
S-pen – If you like drawing, illustration or just sending handwritten notes to friends, then the Galaxy Note 8 is perfect for you. Both the Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 are very similar, but the stylus is what really sets it apart.
Camera – the actual picture quality on the Note 8 and the S8 are the same as they use the same camera sensor. However, the Note 8 has a slightly different User Interface (UI). The most notable aspect is being able to take photos using the whole screen of the phone is lovely to shoot with. Because the Note 8 uses a dual sensor, there are a number of extra things you can do with the camera:
- Blur the background of the photo in real time as well as playing with it later on in the gallery – awesome!
- 2X optical zoom without losing any quality.
- Super fast autofocus. Seriously, we found the autofocus technology is incredibly fast.
Size: the Note 8 is 195 grams / 8.6mm thick, it’s bigger than the S8.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Price Drops
We recommend waiting for Galaxy Note 8 Black Friday price drops to be released before making a purchase. The smartphone market is more competitive than ever and, given this is an older model, we are anticipating there to be some Note 8 discounts for Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018. Any hints we find will be published right here!