- 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors | Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 | Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM, microSD, up to 256 GB | Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- 13 MP, f/2.2, autofocus, LED flash | Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 | LTE 2100(B1) /1800(B3) / 2600(B7) / 900(B8) / 700(B28) MHz
LG Q6 Smartphone Overview this Black Friday
The LG Q6 is a popular budget smartphone in 2019. It takes some of the premium design elements from more high-end handsets such as the flagship LG G6 and packs them into a more affordable package. The phone obviously has some short comings, but for the price we think it is a decent handset for day to day usage. Here are some of the key specs, so you can decide whether you want to purchase the LG Q6 on Black Friday.
- 5.5 inch screen – Given that this is a budget handset, it still has a decent 1080 x 2160 pixels full HD display. The bezels are pretty reduced, with the screen almost edge to edge. Again, this is the current trend of high end flagships, so it’s pretty cool to see it on a lower end handset.
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio – An interesting ratio that is not very common in smartphones, which means the display is twice as tall as it is wide. Turned on its side, the display becomes almost like a mini widescreen so is nice for watching video.
- Snapdragon 435 processor – This octa-core processor plus 3GB of RAM are not the highest spec out there, but still a decent quality for running day to day applications.
- 32 GB internal storage – This isn’t a bad amount of internal storage, but it can also be expanded with a micro SD card.
- 13-megapixel primary camera and 5-megapixel front shooter – Decent quality cameras for shooting different types of settings. The primary camera can film in up to 1080p at 30 fps, whilst the front has a wide angle lens which is great for selfies. LGs camera software is also decent, with nice filters and a smooth UI.
- 3000 mAh Battery – The Battery is Lithium ion and non removable.
- Android OS – The Q6 is running Android Nougat (7.1).
- Facial Recognition – Again, this is a feature that is appearing in a lot of newer flagships, so it is nice to see it included here. The downside is that the Q6 does not have a fingerprint sensor.
That all sounds pretty good, but what are the downsides. Well, firstly the phone chassis isn’t made of brushed metal or glass like a lot of other phones these days, but a cheaper plastic – even though it may look like it in pictures. This could potentially be more prone to scratching. Although, it does have metal sides which should provide a little more protection. It also isn’t water resistant, but does have a headphone jack!
It is not surprising that the Q6 doesn’t have the most high end specs on the market, but given the budget nature of this handset this is to be expected. If you only need a phone for day to day usage rather than handling intensive applications, this could be a good choice for you. Otherwise, you might be interested in the Q6+ as it has slightly higher RAM, or else the LG G6.
LG Q6 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals
As the Q6 is already a budget smartphone, it’s difficult to say whether LG will drop the price by much during deals week. That said, on Black Friday we saw LG Q6 discounts of around 40%. As such, we would not be surprised if there were LG Q6 Cyber Monday deals in a similar region, but this could depend on whether stocks have lasted the weekend. Do keep your eyes peeled, and if there are LG Q6 Black Friday deals, leave a comment below and let us know!