OnePlus 5 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Overview
Three years ago OnePlus launched the OnePlus 1, which was a big success. It was a high-end, premium smartphone with specs that matched up to major competition. At the time, the OnePlus 1 cost just $300. Since then, OnePlus has gained a loyal fanbase who have been eagerly waiting for the release of the OnePlus 5. The phone is scheduled to be released in September 2017, so we can hope for some great Oneplus 5 Black Friday deals, and if stocks last then hopefully, Cyber Monday Deals too.
OnePlus 5 Main Features
The OnePlus team has packed many high-end features into the latest model. As an underdog in the smartphone market, the OnePlus 5 holds its own against the fierce competition of the iPhone 7, Galaxy Note 8, and the Google Pixel. And in true OnePlus style, it does so without breaking the bank. Here are a few of the top features packed into this awesome smartphone:
- 2 rear cameras – one is a 16MP camera with 1x telephoto lense, the other is a 20MP, 20x telephoto lens. This allows you to take photos with blurred backgrounds, a feature only offered by a few leading smart phones, like the Galaxy Note 8.
- Snapdragon 835 Chip set – This is the same spec as the top Galaxy range and allows for a really fast operating system and all round when using the phone. Regardless of what game or apps you use, it shouldn’t slow down this device.
- All aluminum – premium quality build, but still lightweight.
- 6 – 8GB RAM and 64/128GB internal storage – the OnePlus5 holds nearly the maximum RAM you can currently fit inside of a smartphone right now.
- Android 7.7.1 – reliable Android software.
- Reading mode similar to an e-reader – the software uses a grayscale mapping to create a reading experience similar to an e-reader.
- Fast fingerprint sensor – Oneplus 5 recognizes your fingerprint in 0.2 seconds, unlocking your phone quickly.
OnePlus 5 A5000 5.5 inch Snapdragon 835 Dual 16MP (6GB+64GB) 4G LTE Dual Sim Smartphone (Slate Grey) - International Version,...
- 5.5 inches Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors | Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, EIS (gyro) + 20 MP, f/2.6
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) | Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 | Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) | HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 | LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- Very reasonable price.
- One of the fastest and most powerful phones on the market right now.
- In a lot of ways, it’s a notable step up from the OnePlus 3T.
- Impressive battery life.
- Hardly any bloatware.
- Google assistant built in.
- It’s not water resistant like a lot of the competing flagship smartphones.
- Although it’s considerably cheaper than the competition, it’s still much more expensive than the original game-changing OnePlus 1.
- Some people think the design is kind of boring compared to some of the most recent phone releases and with only 2 colors to choose from, it seems a bit dull.
OnePlus 5 Black Friday Deals & Cyber Monday Deals
This is an awesome phone, and we think it’s great to see a smaller brand producing a phone with such high specification. The cost is a little higher than the original OnePlus 1, but for what you’re getting here, we think it’s well worth it. The smartphone could be discounted in November and we have our fingers crossed for OnePlus 5 Black Friday deals in 2o17.