OnePlus 5 Black Friday Price Prediction for 2018
Last Black Friday we saw the OnePlus 5 discounted by around 10% on select retailers which, given the price of this handset, is a pretty hefty portion off the total cost. As is the case with most flagship handsets, after newer models are released the price steadily falls until the manufacturer stops producing it.
Given the OnePlus 5T, 6 and 6T have all been released now, the price has fallen quite considerably since then. Do we still think there will be OnePlus 5 Black Friday deals though? In short, yes we think retailers are still likely to offer both Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals on the OnePlus 5 – likely as some will want to clear out old stock to make way for newer models.
Similar to last year, we are predicting 10% off the price of the OnePlus 5 on Black Friday 2018. Though we could be wrong and won’t know until any OnePlus 5 Black Friday deals are released, so return here for all the latest updates! Not sure that the Oneplus 5 & 5T are all about? Check out the key features below.
OnePlus 5T Key Features
Following the trends of other new smartphones like the Google Pixel 2 & Samsung Note 8, the 5T has reduced bezels with a pretty much edge to edge screen. As a result, the fingerprint sensor has been removed from the bottom and relocated to the back of the phone.
Although, you will likely not need to use it as often as the 5T now features facial recognition. As GizmoChina also predicted, the 6-inch screen has a 18:9 ratio with a 2160 x 1080 resolution. The display is larger than the OnePlus 5, but due to bezel reduction the chassis is still a similar size.
As for specs, the 5T is not surprisingly pretty similar to the OnePlus 5. Initially, the phone was running Android 7.1, but following an update in March 2018 is now running the new Android Oreo OS. OnePlus also put out a teaser that they would be keeping the headphone jack before the release, which we can now confirm to be true. Under the hood, the 5 and 5T both have the same processor, RAM and storage options.
All in all, the only major differences in the 5T are the display changes and moving of the fingerprint sensor. We think the release was more of a move to stay in line with competitors removing bezels rather than a real upgrade to the device. The model has been released for nearly a year now, so we are expecting some Black Friday Oneplus 5T deals for 2018. Past sales indicate these could be in the region of 15-20%.
We will be listing any OnePlus 5T deals for Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018 right here! Return for regular updates.
An Overview of the OnePlus 5 this Black Friday
Three years ago OnePlus launched the OnePlus 1, which was a big success. It was a high-end, premium smartphone with specs that matched up to major competition. At the time, the OnePlus 1 was one of the most reasonably price smartphones on the market.
Since then, OnePlus has gained a loyal fanbase who have been eagerly waiting for the release of the OnePlus 5. The phone was released in the last part of 2017, which was quite a while ago. As mentioned above, we think this is good enough reason to expect Oneplus 5 Black Friday deals , and if stocks last then perhaps deals on Cyber Monday too!
OnePlus 5 Main Features
The OnePlus team has packed many high-end features into this model. As an underdog in the smartphone market, the OnePlus 5 holds its own against the fierce competition of the iPhone 7, Galaxy Note 8, and the Google Pixel. And in true OnePlus style, it does so without breaking the bank. Here are a few of the top features packed into this awesome smartphone.
- 2 rear cameras – one is a 16MP camera with 1x telephoto lense, the other is a 20MP, 20x telephoto lens. This allows you to take photos with blurred backgrounds.
- Snapdragon 835 Chipset – This is the same spec as equivalent models from competitors and allows for a really fast operating system and all round when using the phone.
- All aluminum – premium quality build, but still lightweight.
- 6 – 8GB RAM and 64/128GB internal storage – the OnePlus 5 holds a great amount of RAM.
- Android Oreo – The latest Android operating system.
- Reading mode similar to an e-reader – the software uses a grayscale mapping to create a reading experience similar to an e-reader.
- Fast fingerprint sensor – Oneplus 5 recognizes your fingerprint in roughly 0.2 seconds, unlocking your phone quickly.
- We think it has a very reasonable price.
- Fast and powerful.
- In a lot of ways, it’s a notable step up from the OnePlus 3T.
- Impressive battery life, coming top in a YouTube test against the Huawei Mate 10 Pro, iPhone 8 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Hardly any bloatware.
- Google assistant built in.
- It’s not water resistant like a lot of the competing flagship smartphones.
- Although it’s cheaper than some of the competition, it’s still a lot more high-end than the original game-changing OnePlus 1.
- Some people think the design is kind of boring compared to some of the most recent phone releases and with only 2 colors to choose from, it seems a bit dull.
OnePlus 5 & 5T Black Friday Summary
This is an awesome phone, and we think it’s great to see a smaller brand producing a phone with such high specification. The cost is a little higher than the original OnePlus 1, but for what you’re getting here, we think it’s well worth it. The smartphone could be discounted during Black Friday and we have our fingers crossed for OnePlus 5 Cyber Monday deals for 2018 too!