Raspberry Pi Zero Overview
Raspberry Pi is a credit card sized computer. It’s designed for people to learn electronics, programming and all things tech. On this tiny device you can potentially browse the web, stream HD video, enjoy high-definition gaming, create your own applications and even build robots. Considered by many to be the ultimate maker tool, we think it’s an awesome gift for creative makers!
The Pi transmits a free operating system from an SD card. It can run Linux and Windows tools and is powered by a USB phone charger. All you need to do was plug in a keyboard and mouse and there you have it, your own mini computer!
We are hoping to see Raspberry Pi Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday deals in 2017. Who knows, next year you could be looking at the sales on your own, custom Raspberry Pi computer!
Raspberry Pi ZERO W
This is the latest addition to the Raspberry Pi family, launched in 2017. We’re hoping for some Raspberry Pi Zero Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals this year, so it may be worth looking out for them to get a better price.
The Pi Zero W has the same specification of the original Pi Zero, with some added connectivity:
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- 1GHz, single-core CPU
- 512MB RAM
- Mini HDMI and USB On-The-Go ports
- Micro USB power
- HAT-compatible 40-pin header
- Composite video and reset headers
- CSI camera connector
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
The Raspberry Pi 3 is the third-generation Raspberry Pi. It comes with more processing power, on-board connectivity and 2.5 A power supply. Keep your eyes peeled for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Black Friday deals.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full-size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A
Raspberry Pi 2
The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the second-generation Raspberry Pi. Compared to the P1 it comes with more RAM and processing power. Keep an eye out for Raspberry Pi 2 Black Friday deals.
- A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4 USB ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core