What NAS Device Black Friday Deals to Expect for 2017
The kind of NAS device discounts that could be available on Black Friday will depend on the make and model in question, but we think there is a good chance there will be deals on some devices. If we find any deals we will be listing them right here, so check back for updates.
In the market for a NAS Device this Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
A Network Attached Storage (NAS) is a device that attaches to your router via an Ethernet cable, acting as a storage unit for all your important files. You can then access your content anywhere with the help of Apps like Plex. They come in all shapes and sizes and the one that is right for you will depend on your individual needs. Some are more suitable for office use, whilst others are designed for the home. You can find an overview of the features below, as well as check for NAS Device Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals. However, if you are not familiar with the technology, scroll a little further to find out more.
WD My Cloud Personal
The WD My Cloud Personal is a popular home unit and is a good choice of NAS device this Black Friday. This sleek little unit is great for storing and backing up photos, videos and other important files in one secure place. It’s a great entry level NAS unit, here are the key features:
- Easy Access of Files – You can easily access your files whenever you have internet by signing into your My Cloud account in a browser or with the App.
- Automatic Synchronization – The software automatically synchronizes updates across all devices so your latest files are accessible.
- One Bay Unit – This means that the device cannot back itself up to a second built in drive, which is a feature of some of the My Cloud Mirrors. However, you can easily plug in an external hard drive in order to back up your files.
- Automatic Backup – You can configure your device to automatically backup new files on your computer, smart phone or tablet whenever you create them. This feature is compatible with Mac and PC operating systems.
- Capacity – This model is now available in 5 storage sizes: 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB and 8TB. We are hoping for some WD My Cloud Personal NAS Device Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017 deals for these models. Return here for any news we find!
WD My Cloud Mirror
The My Cloud Mirror is WD’s intermediate-level home NAS device. It has all the features of the My Cloud Personal, but with a few extras. Here’s the key differences:
- 2 Bay Unit – This means it contains two storage devices, with all content automatically backed up on the second device via RAID configuration. The benefit being an extra level of security for your files.
- Larger Capacities Available – There are 4Tb, 6TB, 8Tb, 12TB and 16TB models available, which makes the Mirror more suitable if you have high storage demands.
- 2X USB 3.0 Ports – Features 2 USB expansion ports if you want to connect another external drive.
If you think this NAS device is right for your needs, it might be worth waiting for potential WD My Cloud Mirror NAS Device Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals.
WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra
The EX2 Ultra is WD’s entry level storage solution for small business use. Compared to the My Cloud range, it features more storage, processing speeds, integrated business software and enhanced security. Let’s take a look at this below in a bit more detail.
- Higher Capacities Available – This model comes in 4TB, 8Tb, 12TB, 16TB and 20TB of storage, so is ramped up for the larger storage demands of businesses.
- 1.3GHz Processor – This high-performance processor with 1GB of memory allows faster transfers, file streaming and enables multi-tasking.
- Public & Private Sharing – If you share a public link anyone you share it with can view the content. On the other hand, with a private link you decide the level of access granted to the user.
- Better Data Protection – WD SmartWare Pro backup software gives you more control over how your content is backed up. For example, set up automatic backups to another WD device or other cloud storage solutions like Amazon. S3. 256 AES volume encryption ensures all files are secure.
- Plex Compatibility – The Plex App allows you to efficiently organise, manage and stream all your content.
- Milestone ARCUS Surveillance Software – Keep an eye on your data history for extra safety.
The EX2 Ultra is clearly a device designed for business use, but the extra features do come at a price. Hopefully there will be some WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS Device Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for 2017, to make this model a little more affordable!
Synology DiskStation DS216+II & DS916+
The Synology Diskstation DS216+II & DS916+ are high performance NAS devices designed for business use, the latter being the more powerful of the two. They are highly secure and scalable, giving options for expanding your storage potential. Here’s an overview of the key features.
- Fast Processors – Featuring a Dual Core in the DS216+II and a Quad Core in the DS916+, these ultra fast processors permit rapid handling of data.
- 4K Video Transcoding – Allows your NAS to serve as a media server for streaming videos to other devices in 1080p, without the need for 3rd party programs to convert the 4K video.
- Tons of RAM – The DS216+II comes with 1GB of memory, whilst the DS916+ is available in either 2 or 8GB!
- Huge Storage Capacity – The DS216+II is a 2-bay, meaning it has two 8TB drives for a total of 16TB. The DS916+ is a Quad-bay with 32TB. However, both are easily scalable with the DX513 expansion unit allowing up to 72TB! Each of the drives can also act as a backup for your files.
- Monitoring Tools – Surveillance Station provide tools for keeping an eye on all your files and history.
If this high end NAS device fits your needs, it could be worth looking for Synology Diskstation DS216+II & DS916+ NAS Device Cyber Monday and Black Friday deals to try and get a better price.
The QNAP TS-251 is a capable little machine with some nifty features. Designed for home or small office use, it is great for home entertainment, remote access and data backup. Let’s take a look at some of these features below.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports – This is a handy addition that enables you to connect multiple devices via Ethernet, each receiving a gigabit connection.
- Virtualization Technology – Enables the TS-251 to be used as a NAS and a virtualization platform.
- Video Transcoding – Similar to Synology, this converts your videos into a format that is best for whatever device you are watching them on. This is a real-time conversion, with up to 5 devices ableto view videos at once!
- Media Streaming – Multiple options for streaming media direct to DLNA-compatible devices like Smart TVs and Consoles. This is enabled through apps like QAirplay app for Apple TV, or Plex Media Server for organising all your content steaming Applications and media files.
- HDMI Port – Simply connect devices to the NAS via HDMI for easy viewing.
- QNAP App Center – Access to hundreds of expansion apps developed by the Linux community. These are listed listed by categories, including business, content management system, communication and entertainment.
This is a really awesome NAS device with a lot of scope for getting the most out of your network. If you are interested in purchasing this NAS device on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, check back here for news on QNAP TS-251 deals for 2017.
NAS Device Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals Summary
We hope that you have found this page informative and useful and, as a result, are a little more clued up on buying a NAS device on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or find a good discount. Otherwise, happy shopping!