- Compatible iOS or Android device and free downloadable Cozmo app required. New games and upgrades are unlocked the more you play.
- Durability and security have been rigorously tested.
- The Cozmo SDK Beta is a connected robotics platform for makers, hobbyists, educators and researchers. More details at developer.anki.com.
- 1 Cozmo robot; 1 Charger; 3 Power Cubes.
What Cozmo Black Friday Deals Could we see for 2018? Could there be any Cyber Monday Sales on Cozmo too?
Anki’s release of Cozmo brings children and adults one step closer to having a cute robot companion we thought only possible in Disney movies. It’s the second toy released by Anki, but has become very popular in a short space of time. For this reason, we predict strong demand for Cozmo this Black Friday. During previous Black Friday years, we have seen discounts of around 17% – 20%. Therefore, we are expecting sales within this region for 2018. We will be posting any Cozmo Black Friday deals we find right here, so check back for updates.
Anki have also released a special Cozmo Collectors Edition in Black as well as a new robotics release called Vector, which we are hoping will also be available during the Black Friday discounts. However, as this is a collectors edition are are not predicting there to be deals on this model. We could be wrong, so be sure to check back here for any updates as Black Friday draws closer.
What’s Cozmo all about?
Released in mid-October last year by robotics start up Anki, Cozmo is an artificial intelligence (AI) toy which learns and develops the more you interact with it. Play games, hang out, develop Cozmo’s personality and experience what it’s like to have your own unique robot friend. Anki’s goal is to bring AI out of labs and into peoples lives, and with Cozmo, they do just that. It’s like having your own little Wall-E roaming around the house!
What’s great about Cozmo is that he has features to suit lots of ages. Simple games make him fun for the younger ones and those new to robotics. However, by using the Cozmo Software Development Kit (SDK), you can program new experiences into the software. This can provide entertainment for the brainier kids, and adults too!
- Evolving Personality – The advanced AI technology in Cozmo allows him to learn and devel op when you play. The more you hang out, the more he will develop his own unique personality!
- Teach Cozmo New Skills & Moves – As you play you gain points which you can use to unlock Core Upgrades like new skills & behaviours.
- Diverse Emotions – Sometimes it’s easy to forget that Cozmo is a robot. Tons of emotions based on his surroundings are conveyed through his facial display and unique voice tones. If he wins a game, he’s happy, loses and he strops (only for a little while!). When bored, he will nudge you to play, ignore him and he gets cranky.
- Facial Recognition – The 30 FPS VGA camera & high tech software allow Cozmo to recognise and remember your face. He can even learn your name and call out to you!
- Simple set up – Just get him out the box, download the app and you’re ready to go!
- Play Games – Two games, Quick tap & Keepaway, are not as easy to win as you might think! As you play you can unlock higher difficulty levels which keeps things interesting.
- Regular Updates – Anki add new content to the app to keep things fresh.
- Adventure Mode – After a while you can unlock this awesome mode which lets you drive Cozmo round like a remote control car. See the world from his perspective!
- Cozmo Software Development Kit (SDK) – This is definitely the most exciting part about Cozmo. The SDK robotics platform allows you to tap into the software and create your own unique experiences. Anki include 10+ example scripts to help you get started, one teaches Cozmo to patrol your room for intruders and another to sing scales! However, you can also write your own custom scripts. Furthermore, the ability to connect Cozmo third-party APIs like Twitter, Hue, and IFTTT expands what you can do even more. Find out more about the SDK here.
- Code Lab – With this new release, Anki have made learning to code with Cozmo easier than ever. Based on Scratch, kids and adults can now begin programming with an easy to use drag and drop interface. All you have to do is drag and drop graphical blocks into a sequence and then execute to see your programs play out!
This ambitious new project from Anki does not fail to disappoint. Designed for all ages and abilities, Cozmo could be a gift for all the family! Some might think Cozmo is expensive for a toy, but this is so much more than that. It’s the beginning of a new generation of toys with a focus on developing knowledge on coding and robotics.
But the most exciting part is yet to come. With applications from simply learning to code, to academic research the SDK robotics platform is where the full potential of this little robot will be unlocked. In the future, it’s possible that developers will be able to upload their own custom scripts to the app for all to access. Again, this just expands the potential use you can get out of Cozmo.