Dash Cam Black Friday & Cyber Monday Buyers Guide
A dash cam is a device that mounts to the dashboard and records footage when a vehicle is in motion. They can be useful for gathering evidence in the event of an accident to help settle insurance claims. As such, they are particularly valuable to those who spend a lot of time on the roads. When looking out for dash cam Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals, here’s some things to consider.
- Resolution – What is the video quality? If there is an accident or damage is done to the vehicle, high quality video could be helpful in determining who is at fault or who the perpetrators are.
- Frames Per Second – Higher FPS is better for recording fast motion.
- Lens – How wide is the lens?
- Low Light Performance – How does the dash cam perform in low light conditions?
- Max Storage – What’s the max storage? Does it have loop recording?
These are just some of the points you might want to consider when buying a dash cam on Black Friday. Your own needs and preferences may differ, so bare that in mind when searching for Dash Cam deals this Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2021. You can take a look at some popular options below.
- Resolution – Films in 1080p at 30 fps, with SONY EXMOR IMX323 Video Sensor.
- Wide Dynamic Range – Automatically adjusts exposure during low light conditions.
- Wide Angle Lens – 170 degree lens.
- Storage – Up to 128 GB micro SD card.
- Loop Recording – Helps reduce memory usage by overwriting old videos in 3, 5 or 10 minute loops. Records them back to back until capacity is reached, then deletes starting from oldest.
- Collision Detection – Enables the cam to sense a collision and then locks and stores footage.
- LCD – 2.4 inch LCD display.
Garmin Dash Cam 35
- LCD Display – 3 inch.
- Resolution – Films in 1080p or 720p.
- G-Sensor – Automatically saves footage in the event of a collision or impact.
- Dash Cam Player – Free software to view and edit footage.
- Driver Alerts – Notifies you if you are too close to car in front or there is a speed camera.
- GPS – Uses Garmin GPS navigation to record location, direction, speed and time data.
- Storage – Supports up to 64 GB SD card (included). Loops and deletes video to conserve data, but locks important footage.
Garmin Dash Cam 45
- LCD – Smaller display than the 35, at 2 inches.
- WIFI – Sync videos to your smartphone via the App.
- Lane Departure – Sends an alert if you stray from your lane.
Garmin Dash Cam 55
- Resolution – 3.7 megapixel camera captures video up to 1440p.
- Voice Control – Use voice commands to start filming, take snapshots and more.
Garmin Dash Cam 65
- Lens – Features a wider 180° lens than the 55, but lower quality filming in up to 1080p.
YI Dash Cam
- Resolution – Films in 1080p at 60 fps or 1296p at 30 fps.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems – Uses algorithms to give real time lane departure warnings and forward collision warnings.
- Built in WIFI – Share footage to devices via the App.
- Display – 2.7 inch.
- Lens – 165° wide angle.
- Night Vision – F1.8 aperture and 3.0μm x 3.0μm high sensitivity image sensor improve performance in low light.
Dash Cam Black Friday & Cyber Monday Summary
If you have gone through some of cameras above and decided you want to purchase one, we recommend waiting for any Dash Cam Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals to be released. There could be discounts up for grabs on dash cams this Black Friday, which could save you money! Return here for any dash cam deal news this Black Friday 2021.