Launched in March earlier this year, Nintendo Switch could be the biggest release in the portable gaming console market since the Sony PSP. But what’s all the hype about and will there be deals on Boxing Day 2021 & New Years 2018?
The answer is the innovative, hybrid design. Not only can you connect the two Joy-Cons to the side of the touchscreen tablet for portable gaming, you can also slot the console into a docking unit. The Switch Dock connects to your TV via HDMI and the Joy-Cons attach to the Grip, converting it into a home gaming console! This versatile little machine is sure to be popular this Christmas. So we’re hoping for some great Nintendo Switch Boxing Day 2021 & New Years deals for 2021! But first, lets go through some of the pros and cons.
- Hybrid Design – The best thing about this console has to be the versatile design. Personal and home gaming system in one? Yes please.
- Bright & Colorful Screen – The screen features high quality hardware with really vibrant colors.
- High Quality Touchscreen – The tablet also features a responsive touchscreen, a marked improvement from the Wii U!
- Joy-Cons – The design on the Joy-Cons is great and they are full of really high-spec hardware. Again, they are super responsive and have a rough battery life of over 20 hours!
- Changeable Battery – Easy access screws allow you to change the battery if it fails.
- Ease of Use – This console is ready to use out of the box. The whole system…just works!
- Social Gaming – The console reignites the social aspect that has faded away in gaming. The portability makes it so easy to get together with friends and play some Mario Kart, we love it!
- Limited Software – Currently no option to use the Switch for other purposes like watching movies. However, it’s possible Nintendo will update the software with this feature.
- Average Battery Life – At roughly 3-6 hours the battery life is not great, but considering the power of the console and quality of the games this is not surprising. You can always buy a portable battery pack for long journeys…
- Poor Kickstand – Made from thin plastic and only offers one viewing angle, which is a disappointment given the build quality of the rest of the console. Apparently, the design of this was to allow it to snap off without breaking if you try and insert the console in the dock with the stand open. Honestly? We think this needs a re-design, people have already started releasing their own 3D printable kickstand designs on Thingiverse!
- No Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity – The Switch supports Bluetooth connectivity of the Joy-Cons, but Nintendo failed to add the option to connect headphones via Bluetooth. This is a little sloppy given the recent surge in popularity of Bluetooth headphones (i.e. Apple Airpods). You can, of course, connect wired headphones.
It’s no secret that Nintendo needs to further develop and refine the Switch. However, we still love this little console and think it is a great start. Nintendo always strives to push boundaries and innovate with their consoles, and the Switch is no different!
What deals can we expect for Nintendo Boxing Day 2021 & New Years 2021?
The Nintendo Switch is by no means cheap. If you are not willing to pay that amount of money for a first edition console, which inevitably suffers from teething issues, Boxing Day & New Years could be your time to buy. Nintendo often throw out some tidy deals, so you might be able to pick up the Nintendo Switch for a discount this Boxing Day & New Years.
Our buying advice would be to buy on Nintendo Switch on Boxing Day as stocks may not last all the way through to New Years. We will keep this page updated with any news on Nintendo Switch Boxing Day deals 2021 & New Years deals 2018, so keep checking back! Find a good deal on the Switch? Let us know in the comments.