26 used from $58.80
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images
- Sony Lens w/ 5x Optical Zoom
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot Image stabilization
- Capture your videos in 720p HD Movie mode
- Simplify camera menu with Easy Mode.
- Super HAD CCD 20.1 MP sensor
Could there be any Sony Cybershot W800 Digital Camera Black Friday Deals?
The Cybershot W800 is one of Sony’s most popular point and shoot cameras. It’s also been out for a couple of years so is well established, so it’s possible there could be quite a lot of demand for it this Black Friday. As such, it is worth keeping an eye on the stock levels during the sales day to avoid disappointment.
It’s already great value, but who can blame you for wanting to look for some Sony W800 Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals? It would be nice if Sony gave us some discounts on this model, but it won’t be clear until nearer the time. Check this page regularly for any news we encounter on Sony W800 Digital Camera Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017 deals!
Find out more about the Sony Cybershot W800 Digital Camera this Black Friday
The Sony Cybershot W800 is an easy-to-use, all-in-one camera that is light and portable. This is a basic point and shoot good for casual photographers, suitable for carrying around without hassle. Despite it’s basic features, it still boasts 20.1 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom, so is a good piece of equipment for it’s purpose. We are hoping Sony will put out some Black Friday deals on the Sony W8000 camera this year! Some Cyber Monday discounts could also be expected.
- Ease of Use. It takes practically no time to get this camera powered on and snap a photo.
- Lightweight and Slim. At only 0.28 pounds, this camera is super portable and easy to carry around.
- USB Charging lithium ion battery. Unlike many digital cameras, the Sony Cybershot W800 has a built in ion battery rather than AA batteries, which should give it more battery life than disposable batteries.
- Image Quality. A high shutter speed, 20.1 MP and good performance in low lighting provide decent photos for a basic point and shoot camera.
- HD 720p video recording. It’s not all about the photos, this camera still shoots in HD!
- Manual & Automatic settings. The camera features several settings to help you get shots in tricky situations. For the more experienced, you can adjust settings like exposure compensation, white balance and ISO sensitivity.
- Autofocus. Improvement to the auto-focus feature could help give more consistent high quality images.
- Video Performance. Constant refocusing while taking videos can cause issues.
- No Macro. Macro photography may not be for everyone, but it’d be nice to have the choice to take quality macro shots. However, it’s not surprising considering that this is an entry level camera.
- Restricted Zoom. 5x optical zoom is not sufficient for some situations. Again, you will need to spend a little more if you want something with better zoom.
- Not Waterproof/Shockproof etc. Whilst this is not expected, the Nikon COOLPIX S33 has all these features so may be a good choice if this is what you are looking for.
An easy to carry, quick to use camera that works well in low light. However, inconsistent autofocus and mediocre battery life are some of the potential drawbacks. That said, the Sony Cybershot W800 delivers decent quality images while remaining affordable. Better video performance and macro functionality would be nice to have, but definitely not expected for an entry-level camera.