Are you looking to save big on a 3D printer this Black Friday? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! With retailers slashing their prices and offering unbeatable discounts, now is definitely the time for one of these innovative pieces of technology. We’ll be taking a look at some amazing deals available and providing helpful tips throughout to ensure your shopping experience is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. So if you want to get ahead and start saving money without sacrificing quality, you won’t want to miss out on all that we have in store for you here!
Black Friday Price Predictions for 3D Printers
We’ve been seeing some great Black Friday discounts on 3D printers the past couple of years. Even though in general they have been coming down in price considerably as they become more widely adopted, it’s still worth scanning the web for deals before making a purchase. Here are our predictions for what 3D printer sales might be on offer for Black Friday 2023:
- Monoprice Select 3D Printers – These entry-level, but still very capable, 3D printers are already great value. Our price analysis suggests we could see 10-20% off these budget 3D printers on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
- Flashforge Finder & Creator Pro – The Finder is one of the most popular beginner 3D printers, as similar to the above it is fantastic value. Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm any past discounts on this model that indicate it will be on offer this Black Friday. However, we aren’t ruling it out due to its popularity and will still be tracking deals. On the other hand, the Creator Pro has seen 3D printer deals of around 12% in the past so we could see the same on Black Friday 2023.
- QIDI 3DP-QDA16-01 – The price of this intermediate 3D printer has been coming down over the years and is now sitting at one of its lowest points. There have been Black Friday offers on this 3D printer in the past, but given the low price now we are unsure of what to expect this year. We will still be following and updating this article with any new info though.
3D Printer Black Friday Buyers Guide
Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year, is just around the corner, and if you are in the market for a 3D printer, you are in luck! This year, there are some exciting deals and discounts on 3D printers. However, it is important to know what to look for when buying a 3D printer to ensure that you end up with the best deal possible. In this 3D printer Black Friday buyers guide, we will provide you with more details and facts, as well as higher semantic richness, to help you make an informed decision.
3D printers have a long string of potential applications, such as printing new kitchen utensils, clothing, and tools. However, historically they were very expensive and difficult to operate, but this has all changed. The cost of 3D printers has come down rapidly in the past couple of years, with the most basic being very reasonably priced.
These are likely to be less capable than printers costing several thousand, but the affordable models can still do some pretty awesome things. Take a look at some popular printers below. If you would like to purchase one, we recommend waiting for potential 3D Printer Black Friday deals, as you might be able to pick up a discount! See our predictions for 2023 above.
Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer
The Monoprice Select Mini is an entry-level 3D printer with a compact design, which makes it suitable for desktop printing. It may be one of the more affordable 3D printers on the market, don’t let that throw you off! This is still a well designed, budget machine with some good features.
- Heated Build Plate & High Extruder Temp Range – Printer works with most filaments, including industry standards such as ABS and PLA.
- Open Source – Use free open source software to customize your printers functionality or replace/upgrade hardware.
- Easy Setup – Comes pre-assembled and calibrated, so you can begin printing right away!
- Free Filament & Sample Models – Comes with free filament and SD card with example models.
- WIFI Connectivity – Easily send designs direct to printer.
- Print Dimensions – At 120 x 120 x 120 mm, the max print dimensions are pretty small. This machine is great for starting out or if you only require it for small designs, but you might quickly outgrow its capabilities.
- 100 Microns – This could be considered a low resolution, making the printer not suitable for very detailed designs. However, lower microns do not always result in better quality as there are many other factors at play. All of the printers featured here have a 100 micron resolution. For lower, you may need to look into high end printers. You can find out more about microns and print resolution here.
- Speed – At 55m/sec, the print speed is quite low. Again, expected for a printer in this range.
All in all, this is a fantastic budget printer that would have likely been a lot more expensive a couple years ago. It produces decent quality prints and the fact it comes pre-assembled and calibrated makes it a good choice for beginners and experienced designers alike! If you would like to buy it, we suggest waiting to see if there are any Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for 2023.
Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer V2
The Maker Select Version 2 is another budget printer from Monoprice. It is a little more expensive than the Select Mini, but has higher specifications in a couple of areas. Let’s take a look at these below.
- Print Speed – At 100mm/sec, the Select V2 has double the print speed of the Mini.
- Build Area – Large build area of 200 x 200 x 180 mm for larger, more complex models. Placing parts diagonally can extend this to nearly 270 mm!
- Rebranded Wanhao Duplicator i3 – Being a revamp of this older printer is really great because there are a wealth of online tutorials and helpful documents.
- Tons of Printable Mods – On Thingiverse you can find loads of printable mods that can improve your printers operating for very little cost.
- No WIFI – Seems strange that the cheaper Mini offers WIFI connectivity and the Select V2 doesn’t. It’s still super easy to upload designs via USB or microSD card.
- Manual Bed Leveling – The bed being parallel to the nozzle is very important for good prints, so you will need to get good at leveling the bed. However, it only takes a piece of paper and some skill – something you should be able to learn from video tutorials. There are also easy mods to make this a less frequent task. If you think this could be an issue for you, we recommend a printer with assisted leveling.
Despite the couple of cons here, the Select V2 really is a good machine. There could be some Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer V2 Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals, so keep an eye out. Furthermore, with the help of online resources and printable mods, there is the option to upgrade or fix issues you may have.
Flashforge 3D Printer: Finder
The Flashforge Finder is a 3D printer with a serious focus on aesthetics. This machine looks stunning and has a load of features that make it a great choice for beginners. There might be Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on the Flashforge Finder so make sure to stay alert! Here’s some of the pros and cons of this model.
- Slide in Build Plate – Easily remove your printed designs.
- Intuitive Touchscreen – The 3.5 inch color touchscreen with large icons makes operating the Finder easier.
- Assisted Bed Levelling – Takes some skill to do this manually, so this is great for novices.
- WIFI/USB/Flash Drive Connectivity – Easy to upload designs.
- Software Presets – Flashprint software includes presets for different filament types.
- Great Support – On hand to respond to your queries.
- Pre-Assembled – Should be ready to print in around 15 minutes.
- Good Print Speed – Ranging from 40 to 200 mm/sec, the Flashforge Finder has a good range for lots of applications.
- Manual Bed Levelling Still Required – Some users complain that the automatic levelling isn’t sufficient for printing larger, more complex models. Some manual levelling could be required, however this should not be very difficult to perform and there are a number of video tutorials available.
- Relatively Small Build Area – The build area itself isn’t too bad at 140 x 140 x 140 mm, but compared to the Monoprice V2 it is rather small.
- Non-Heated Build Plate – This feature has been added as a safety precaution, but can lead to reduced print quality. This is because a heated bed keeps the plastic warm, which prevents warping. However, this only applies to certain types of filament such as ABS.
The Finder is a great printer for beginners with a ton of features that make it super easy to get printing. The only major drawback here is the smallish build area so do consider this before buying. We are hoping for some Flashforge Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals on this model.
FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
The Creator Pro is a mid-range printer, suitable as a step up from the Finder. Let’s take a look at some of the key differences, benefits and drawbacks of this printer.
- Larger Build Area – With an area of 225 x 145 x 150 mm, this is a lot bigger than the Finder. Although, still small relative to the Monoprice V2!
- Rigid Build Quality – Solid metal frame reduces vibrations during printing for better results.
- Printable Mods – Loads of printable mods and upgrades available online.
- Based on Makerbot Replicator – A hacker-friendly version of this popular printer that incorporates all the Makerbot community improvements.
- Dual Extruders – Allows transition between different filament types, colors or as a spare if one has issues. Dito Printing also enables you to print two models at once!
- Heated Aluminium Plate – Aviation quality heated build plate ensures it is completely flat and prevents warping, leading to higher quality prints.
- Calibration Required – Unlike some entry-level printers, the Creator Pro needs to be calibrated before use. However, if you are buying this model you likely have some background knowledge.
- Some Assembly – There is some simple setup required with the Creator Pro. The extruders need to be attached to the gantry with two screws, which isn’t difficult but perhaps not for complete beginners. Doors and top cover also require assembly.
- Voltage Switch – The printer comes configured to 220V, but it is essential for it to be switched to 110V for U.S power supply. This is enabled by simply flicking a switch, but it is not that easy to access and requires some unscrewing to access the bottom of the case.
This really is a great printer for the range. It performs similarly with the Makerbot Replicator, but without the hefty premium. If you would like to get this printer for a discount, perhaps it could be worth looking for Flashforge 3D Printer Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals.
QIDI 3DP-QDA16-01 Dual Extruder 3D Printer
The 3DP-QDA16-01 (bit of a mouthful, I know) is another mid-range 3D printer from QIDI. Similar to the Flashforge Creator Pro, it is a Makerbot Replicator clone. Lets take a look at some of the reasons you may want to purchase this printer from QIDI over the Creator Pro.
- Spool Holders – Filament spool holders have a diameter of 1″, which fits more spool sizes than the 2″ Flashforge.
- Clear Acrylic Side Panels & Metal Back – Lets more light in making it easier to see what you are doing.
- Less Powerful Chip – The main board in the Flashforge uses an Atmega 2560 chip, whilst the QIDI is fitted with a 1280. This allows the Flashforge to store larger firmware files.
- No Simultaneous Printing – The dual extruders cannot print at the same time, which is a major disadvantage compared with the Creator Pro.
- No LEDs – The Creator Pro has some nice LEDs. Although this looks cool, it doesn’t really confer any advantage.
- No Print Bed Adhesive Mat – Instead QIDI provide a roll of blue tape. This is sufficient, but perhaps substandard to the mat provided by Flashforge.
The QIDI is a very capable printer. Whether you should buy it over the Flashforge Creator Pro really depends on your individual needs. If none of the drawbacks above are relevant to you then this could be a great alternative. Especially if there are some QIDI 3DP-QDA16-01 Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals!
We hope you have found this review useful! You can stay up to date with any news we find for deals on 3D printers for Black Friday and Cyber Monday by returning to this page. Leave us a comment if you have any questions, or if you spot a good 3D printer Black Friday deal!