59 used from $369.99
- 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200)
- Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continious shooting
- 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots
- OLED electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage and 1.4 million dots
How much will the Sony a6000 cost on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
The Sony a6000 has been around for a while now, so if you’ve waited this long to purchase it, it’s probably because you are waiting for a discount! On Black Friday in 2017 we saw the a6000 Black Friday discounts of around 10%, as you’ll see from our deals analysis below:
Although the a6000 is still an excellent camera, as it is now a year older, Sony and other retailers might be more generous with the discounts and we are expecting further a6000 Black Friday discounts in 2018 right through to Cyber Monday.
Any Sony a6000 Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday deals we find will be posted right here on this page.
Is it time to take the plunge and get a mirrorless Sony a6000 camera on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
Some photographers are now choosing mirrorless cameras over standard DSLRs, but what actually are they? In standard DSLRs, when you look down the viewfinder a mirror system reflects light from the lens to the viewfinder. So what you are seeing is the actual image. However, mirrorless cameras have replaced this system with an LCD screen. Find out more about the mirrorless Sony Alpha a6000 below.
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera Overview
- Great Sensor – The 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor in this camera is great.
- Incredible ISO range – The ISO ranges from ISO 100 to 25600, and you can expand to 51200!
- Small Size – The removal of the cumbersome mirror system in favor of an LCD screen makes this camera way smaller and lighter than conventional DSLRs.
- WIFI Transfer – Enables photo and video transfer to your mobile device via the free App.
- Great LCD – 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots makes viewing photos/videos clear & easy.
- Fast Autofocus – At 0.06 seconds, the AF is good for fast moving shots.
- Continuous Shooting – Up to 11 FPS.
- Battery Drain – When the wifi is turned on the battery can drain quite quickly. However, you can use airplane mode to help your battery last.
- Mic In/Mic Out Jack – Rather, the lack of one! The only mic that can be used with this camera is Sony’s proprietary mic.
|Continuous Shooting||up to 11 FPS|
|Screen size||3 in|
|ISO Range||Auto, 100 – 25600, 51200 with boost|
|Dimensions||1.77 x 4.72 x 2.64 in|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||24 megapixels|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080 (60p, 60i, 24p), 1440 x 1080 (30p, 25p), 640 x 480 (30p, 25p)|